Any Art Insights Event - This website has their artist listings - https://www.suu.edu/pva/art/
Thursday evenings at 7 pm, usually in SUMA
Wind Symphony Concert - Dec. 8
7:30 PM, Heritage Center Theatre, 105 N 100 E, Cedar City
Assassins - Nov. 4, 6, 10 or 11.
7:30 PM, Eileen and Allen Anes Studio Theatre, 101-199 W University Blvd, Cedar City, UT 84720, USA
Course Requirement Reminders
To pass this course, you need to gather at least 100 points. Ways to gather points are:
- Swipe your ID for attendance at all APEX Events (4 points for each event)
- Do the 4-question quiz (4 points) for that event in Canvas.
- Tweet a comment or photo about the event with the hashtag #suuapex the day of the event. (2 points) (see me if you don't have Twitter access)
- Swipe your ID for attendance to one of the "Other Events" listed on this site above. (4 points for each event)
- Tweet a comment or photo about one of the other events you attended (must be one listed on this site above) (2 points)
- Like the SUU Apex Facebook page and receive 5 points.
- Bring a friend to me to sign them into the class using a permission form, I will give you BOTH 5 points.
Students must show speakers and performers proper respect and have stellar audience etiquette.
Before you attend an event you should carefully read the information here to be sure of event details and know a bit about the topic and speaker.
The A.P.E.X. Fall 2017 season will end in music with the talented artists Glen Velez and Loire Cotler!
They will be giving a live performance and discussing drums from all over the world. Glen Velez has been titled, “The undisputed master of Frame Drums” by the New York Times. The Jerusalem Post has described Loire Cotler’s performance as being, “Peerless artistry.” Together they create a duo full of energy, passion, drums, vocal percussion, and deep respect for the art that they create.
As a four-time Grammy Award Winner, Glen Velez is the icon of the modern frame drum movement. His career has expanded over four decades; bringing a new genre of composition and drumming into contemporary percussion. Jazz Rhythm Vocalist, Loire Cotler, has defined her life by the healing power of rhythm and jazz through the art of vocal percussion. She has been featured as a soloist with the National Chinese Orchestra, Long Beach Opera, and the American Composers Orchestra.
Glen Velez & Loire Cotler are pioneers in their fields and have created a dramatic shift in the view of world music in contemporary music. We invite you all to come and witness the work and passion of these masters of music!
Dr Vartan :)